Apogee University's pre-course is offered to physicians and non-physician practitioners. Joshua Rosenberg, D.O., Vice President of Clinical Operations, provides oversight for all Apogee non-physician practitioners and will review clinical scenarios common to the practice of inpatient medicine.
Each scenario will begin with a presentation including but not limited to history, exam, medical decision-making, admitting orders, and discussion will include caveats particular to the case topic. Common considerations will be highlighted as well as any special caveats. Collaboration with physician counterparts is a common theme of the course.
Diseases and discussions to be reviewed will include:
- Common Cardiovascular diseases
- Common Pulmonary diseases
- UTI and Acute Renal Failure
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
- Core Measures
- Caveats to the NPP's practice of inpatient medicine
- Opportunities and strategies for NPPs to collaborate with their physician counterparts